HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

V is for Venerate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rpindar
Admin

PostSubject: V is for Venerate   Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:41 pm

Squinting at the words and using her full concentration Vatusia Pavlov dragged her finger under each letter, trying to sound them out to spell the word out-loud. This alphabet was so much harder than the phonetic Russian one, why couldn't all alphabets be as straight forward as that one, it made reading a lot easier.

"Th-e... The t-e-x-t is organ-ized in-to 10 ch-apt-ers begin-ning with the... con-k-ern... concern with crim-inal law through the exam-ina-ti-on...tion of police, courts, and corr-ec-tions..." This was going to take her forever to read. With a huff of annoyance the girl almost slammed the book closed in her rage, but she took a deep breath and reminded herself that no one ever got anywhere by sulking about what they couldn't do. Even if it took her five years to get this book read, at least then she'd of read it, she'd be that little bit ahead of her classmates when they started school, she'd have the edge she wanted.

Rurik's head was resting against her knee, snarling slightly as he felt the simmering effects of her anger, sharp wolverine teeth glinting, causing another nearby child to go scampering to their mother in fear. He wouldn't hurt anyone though, unless they made him angry of course, but then if they were stupid enough they probably deserved it.

Her brother was meant to take her home, but he hadn't turned up yet so Vatusia was spending whatever time she had left trying to crack this book. Kir had just started Middle School, but he was wasting all the time he could have invested in improving himself by falling in with the wrong crowd and telling everyone he doesn't give a damn, well it would all come crashing down on him somewhere down the line.

The brown haired girl grinned to herself, resting a hand against her pale cheek as she finally managed to finish the first page of the book, using her other hand to turn to the next one.
"There we are Rurik, first page done, we're one step closer to where we want to be than we were two hours ago." She did pause here to glance over at the library door though, surely Kir wouldn't be leaving her here all night?
No her parents would come and get her if he didn't turn up.

With a sigh she turned back to the book, one day everybody would see and recognise how far out of the dirt she could climb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bof
Admin

PostSubject: Re: V is for Venerate   Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:23 am

first off, I thought this was a great read.

secondly, I have very mixed feelings about Vatusia's character. Not because she isn't well written or interesting - because she really is - but because she seems like a potentially dangerous character, with her ambitiousness, her cold attitude and her gruelling work ethic. Even at the age of six. I reckon she'll be a high flyer, and very much one to keep an eye on - I really doubt she'll take the twins' natural intelligence well at all, and somehow I feel like she could be a nasty enemy for them to maketo make. Even at such a young age.

Over all, great characterisation! o v o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gakuen.forumotion.co.uk
rpindar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: V is for Venerate   Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:04 am

I suppose we'll have to wait and see, I have no idea where she's going to drag me, but at least my basic intention wasn't for her to be dangerous ;^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V is for Venerate   

Back to top Go down

V is for Venerate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shiro City :: Zone E :: Shiiro City Library-
Jump to: